WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre Travel Group. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.
WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.
To learn more about WhereTo click HERE
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled Senior Front End Engineer to join our growing engineering team within the Lab in Barcelona. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team leading the return totravel. We are looking for a self-motivated team player, a mentor to others contributing to our culture of engineering and operational excellence, continuously improving our craftsmanship.
- Leading and helping the Front-End team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind.
- You will live and breathe the virtual-DOM, pure reducers and immutable data structures.
Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years professional software development experience (internships and personal projects not included)
- 2+ years experience with React.js or other web framework (Vue.js, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Experience with state containers (i.e Redux, Alt, Flux)
- HTML5 (specifically dealing with IE quirks)
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD / BDD
- Able to iterate quickly
- Strong understanding of Git fundamentals
- Experience with pure-functional programming is a bonus (Ramda, Lo-Dash FP, etc)
- Interest in full-stack development is a bonus.
As well as being a fun company to work :
- An attractive package: health insurance
- 25 days off/year + 5 compensation days + reduced time during summer + bank holidays
- Flexible working-time
Our fantastic offices are located in the heart of Barcelona, at Plaça Catalunya
- The opportunity to join our free language lessons (English, French, Spanish or Catalan)
- Table tennis on the terrace, a kitchen area with free snacks, fresh fruits and drinks
The opportunity to work with an international and talented team
Several activities organised by the ambassadors!
We truly think your personality is important, so bring it on!