WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre Travel Group. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.
WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.
To learn more about WhereTo click HERE
About The Opportunity
We are seeking an Engineering Team Lead with an active oriented mindset and a focus on building a quality team and product. The Engineering Team Lead will report to the Head of Engineering and will be responsible for managing the engineers on their team, driving accountability within their team, and will be responsible for the output of their team. They will assist in the planning and delivery of projects, communicate progress, milestones, and roadblocks to stakeholders and management, and will empower the engineers on those teams to make the largest impact possible for company goals while also reaching their professional development goals. To be successful as an Engineering Team Lead, the candidate should have in depth knowledge of the tools we use as well as an interest in the industry trends, experience managing people, projects, or teams, and should have strong communication skills. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and should have strong emotional intelligence.
- Work with Engineering Management, Operations Team, and Product Team to develop and execute domain team objectives and strategies
- Lead and organize technical planning for their team’s projects.
- Maintain team velocity, drive accountability, and ensure quality and consistent output for their team.
- Work with team project manager to organize and maintain regular meeting cadence with their team, including planning sessions, 1-1 meetings, and stand ups.
- Communicate progress, roadblocks, concerns, and successes to engineering management.
- Organize and lead meetings with external stakeholders as needed.
- Advocate on behalf of team needs such as addressing technical debt and improving infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance and lead code review for their team
- Provide regular feedback to engineers on their team and provide input to management for formal performance reviews.
- Help their team members debug issues and solve complex tasks.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers
- Assist and hiring and onboarding process for their team.
- Help team members to develop and execute their personal growth goals.
- Lead effort estimation with their team.
- Lead deployment process for their team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong experience delivering projects / products to a large user base
- Either a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in a related field, or 4+ years industry experience as a contributor and manager.
- Should have several years experience and be comfortable working with the following technologies:
- Application Languages and Technologies: NodeJS, React, RabbitMQ, SOAP and Rest based APIs, JVM based languages, Kaka & ELK Stack (Elastic Stack).
- Data Storage and Related Technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch & Druid / Superset
- Infrastructure and Related Technologies: Docker and Docker Compose, Mesos / Marathon / Sensu go (or similar technologies), AWS / Azure, OpenVPN, Vault, HAProxy, LDAP & PGBouncer
- Knowledge and experience in the travel industry is a plus.
- Is able to pick and choose technologies and weigh their pros and cons to solve problems.
As well as being a fun company to work :
- An attractive package: health insurance
- 25 days off/year + 5 compensation days + reduced time during summer + bank holidays
- Flexible working-time
Our fantastic offices are located in the heart of Barcelona, at Plaça Catalunya
- The opportunity to join our free language lessons (English, French, Spanish or Catalan)
- Table tennis on the terrace, a kitchen area with free snacks, fresh fruits and drinks
The opportunity to work with an international and talented team
Several activities organised by the ambassadors!
We truly think your personality is important, so bring it on!