WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre Travel Group. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.
WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.
To learn more about WhereTo click HERE
About The Opportunity
If you love data, this job is for you. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to take on the role of Level II Data Analyst. As a Level II Data Analyst, you will be responsible for advanced data analysis, development of complex reports and dashboards, and providing strategic insights to drive operational performance for our global business. This position requires expertise in data transformation, modeling, and reporting development. Join our fast paced environment at WhereTo as a Level II Data Analyst and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of travel through data analysis and innovation.
- Develop advanced visual reports, interactive dashboards, and KPI scorecards to provide in-depth insights into operational performance.
- Collect and process vast amounts of data from multiple sources, employing advanced data transformation techniques to ensure usability and accuracy.
- Generate ad hoc reports, complex datasets, and leverage database or data warehouse queries and scripts to extract information for end-users.
- Integrate data from diverse sources and systems to produce comprehensive and requested data elements.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis of business data, identifying patterns, trends, and anomalies to support decision-making.
- Provide assistance and support to customers, addressing data integrity, validation questions, and resolving related queries.
- Analyze data and trends, and propose performance improvement measures to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate effectively with operations and engineering teams, participating in issue identification, estimation, prioritization, and resolution.
- Comfortably operate within the Agile Scrum model, actively contributing to team meetings and sprint planning sessions.
- Attend meetings with clients and stakeholders, presenting findings, insights, and recommendations with clarity and professionalism.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) or related experience.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Strong experience working with analytics platforms such as mixpanel or similar required.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Superset, Tableu, etc
- Experience with data analytics databases such as Druid.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of data relationships and a mastery of SQL syntax to perform advanced data retrieval and manipulation.
- Exhibit exceptional analysis and design skills, critical thinking, and problemsolving abilities to tackle complex business challenges.
- Experience in the DAX language, enabling the development of complex calculations and measures within Power BI a plus.
- Prior experience working with travel data, understanding the unique challenges and requirements within the industry a plus.
- Proficiency in Python or R, enabling advanced data manipulation, statistical analysis, and machine learning capabilities a plus
As well as being a fun company to work :
Our fantastic offices are located in the heart of Barcelona, at Plaça Catalunya
- The opportunity to join our free language lessons (English, French, Spanish or Catalan)
- An attractive package: health insurance
- 25 days off/year + 5 compensation days + reduced time during summer + bank holidays
- Flexible working-time
- Table tennis on the terrace, a kitchen area with free snacks, fresh fruits and drinks
The opportunity to work with an international and talented team
Several activities organised by the ambassadors!
We truly think your personality is important, so bring it on!